Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Einar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Einar Steinsson

Deactivated rule for 5 minutes.

Post by Einar »

Hallo

I have a strange behavior (most likely a bug) in Veeam One Monitor.

I have a custom job that monitor disk space in Linux guest VM, the job is excluded from all Windows VM under “Business view” but otherwise simple disk space job based on % of space left.
The strange thing is that around 3:05 every night (but only on work days), the exclusion seems to be deactivated and the monitor send me a email for every Windows machine that does not meet the limits in the job but 5 minutes later the monitor realize its mistake and send out a “Reset/resolved“ email and this repeats every night on work days.

Is this a known bug or some misconfiguration on my behalf?
This is really not a big problem, I just delete the emails when I come to work but strange behavior anyway.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Deactivated rule for 5 minutes.

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Einar,
That sounds strange. Could you check if assigned Business view groups actually don't contain any Windows VMs? It can be done in ONE Monitor under Business View section.
I guess by "custom job" you mean Veeam ONE alarms. Is that correct? If yes, please make sure it's assignment is correct and includes only mentioned BV groups, not the whole infrastructure. I would also check if there is no alarm suppressions. It may be the reason why the alarm triggers at 3:00
Thanks!
Einar
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Einar Steinsson

Post by Einar »

Sorry, yes of course alert, not jobs.
The excluded groups do not contain any Windows VM
The alarm was assigned to the whole infrastructure (with exclusions) and I changed that but it did not help.
I did not find any alarm suppressions.

Einar
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Thanks for the clarification!
The excluded groups do not contain any Windows VM
Excluded to included groups do not contain any Windows VM? In other words, does the alarm triggers against Linux VMs?
Thanks!