Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tomas.olsen
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Tomas Olsen

Backup of FT protected VM's and kubernetes cluster

Post by tomas.olsen »

Hello,

I wounder how to backup of FT protected vm's. We have a few VM's that are protected by FT, both windows and linux.

And we have a kubernetes cluster running in test that I want to backup up. Kubernetes vm's have independent disks....
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup of FT protected VM's and kubernetes cluster

Post by foggy »

Hi Tomas, here's the thread discussing FT. As for the independent disks, then they are skipped from processing automatically due to inability to create snapshot.
tomas.olsen
Veeam ProPartner

Post by tomas.olsen » 1 person likes this post

I had to try, so I created a new backup job, and added one of the FT protected vm's, disabled Guest Processing and VMware quiescence and the backup job ran just fine. I could only see one vm when I added the vm to a new job. Not sure if it is the master or the secondary vm. But that should not make difference I guess. The backup ran with NBD.

When I run a powershell script to check FT, the script lists two vm's with the same name and they are listed as FaultTorelanceState=running and RecordReplayState=inactive.
tomas.olsen
Veeam ProPartner

Post by tomas.olsen »

What would be the prefered method of backup of a virtual kubernetes cluster running on vsphere, from Veeams point of view?