Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bpayne
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Brandon Payne

Remove Proxy/Server without uninstalling Veeam software

Post by bpayne »

Is there a way to remove a proxy/server without uninstalling the Veeam Backup Transport and Veeam Installer Service?

I want to easily move that proxy to a different Veeam environment and remove it from a previous environment. I do have a way to manually do it, just didn't know if there was an easier way.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Remove Proxy/Server without uninstalling Veeam software

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Just remove proxies via console. If you want to move the proxy to a different environment then you don't have to remove the services as they can be reused.

Thanks
bpayne
Enthusiast

Post by bpayne »

Yes, but the server is still under Managed Servers > Microsoft Windows. When I remove it from there it removes the Veeam software needed.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Then just remove them from the first console first, then add it to the new VBR so it will install components anew.

Thanks
bpayne
Enthusiast

Post by bpayne »

PTide, yes that is what I've been doing manually. The proxy's are already added to the new environment (our mistake), so removing the server node will uninstall the software, then I have to go to properties on the server node on the new environment and have the software reinstalled. I was just hoping there would be a checkbox I missed somewhere that allowed me to choose whether to leave the software or not. I assume there is a database script route that could purge those server nodes out of the database but getting a script wrote up would take more time than removing manually.