Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Veeam Agent to Cloud Connect Backup - WAN Size Issue

Post by falkob »

Hello all,

i need some help because of a specific situation.
I have a customer who has 1 single File server, which should be backed up via Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows to our Cloud Connect Infrastructure.
This File server is a Hyper-V Virtual Machine.

The size of this file server is about 4 TB.

The Veeam Agent Job to Cloud Connect stops working after some time. I bet this is because of their firewall. The job was running 7 days or so before...

Is there any possibilito to seed the initial Full Backup of this Server ?

What i have is a .vbk File which was previously done via Veeam Backup and Replication.
Can i use this File as my "initial" Backup even it is has not been created through Veeam Agent for Windows ?

The next choice would be a Veeam Agent for Windows Backup to an external Hard Drive and place this in the Cloud Connect Infrastructure Veeam Agent Job. Is such a "seeding" possible ?

Thank you all for your answers !

Best Regards

falkob
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Agent to Cloud Connect Backup - WAN Size Issue

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello falkob.
falkob wrote:The job was running 7 days or so before...
Single backup job run has a limitation of 7 days.
falkob wrote:Is there any possibilito to seed the initial Full Backup of this Server ?
Yes it's possible - take a look at this article: Mapping an existing Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows backup chain
falkob wrote:What i have is a .vbk File which was previously done via Veeam Backup and Replication.
Can i use this File as my "initial" Backup even it is has not been created through Veeam Agent for Windows ?
No you cannot map backup files produced by Veeam B&R to Veeam Agent for Windows.
falkob wrote:The next choice would be a Veeam Agent for Windows Backup to an external Hard Drive and place this in the Cloud Connect Infrastructure Veeam Agent Job. Is such a "seeding" possible ?
Sure. That will work.
falkob
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 31 times
Full Name: Falko Banaszak

Re: Veeam Agent to Cloud Connect Backup - WAN Size Issue

Post by falkob »

Thank you for this input !
I will go for the external hard drive solution then.
VCP6.5-DCV, VCP6-DCV, VMCE, VMCA, Veeam Vanguard, VMware vExpert
https://www.virtualhome.blog