Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
MBC
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Claussner

Veeam Usage and License Question

Post by MBC »

Current Setup:

Workstations are backed up to a Synology NAS at lunch 12:00 PM. They are backing up to a shared folder. NAS is backed up once a month onto a USB drive manually and taken offsite. Workstations are shut off every night.

Hyper-V VM (Server) is backed up from a Veeam VM (Backup) to a removable hard drive on Hyper-V Host. Removable drive is on a schedule 1 drive for each day of the week. 4 weeks of backups are kept. Backups are taken offsite every work day.

New Setup

What we are looking to do is to back up the 2 Hyper-V VM's and the 7 workstations to a Synology NAS drive using a Veeam Backup Repository. Workstations are shut off at night. Once the Workstations and the Server VM are in the repository and after work hours we want to do a copy job to copy the backups of the server and the workstations to a removable hard drive that we rotate. 1 for every day M-F. Keeping 4 weeks.

Can this be done with the Agent for Windows Free and a paid Veeam Backup and Replication License? I am seeing conflicting PDF's that say the Veeam agent needs to be paid.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Veeam Usage and License Question

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Can this be done with the Agent for Windows Free and a paid Veeam Backup and Replication License? I am seeing conflicting PDF's that say the Veeam agent needs to be paid.
Yes, it can be done with paid VBR and Free Agents. However, if you want to leverage Agent Management capabilities, or use advanced backup options for your agents, then you need to have a license for Agents.

Thanks
MBC
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Claussner

Post by MBC »

Thanks, That is what I need to know.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Would you kindly point me to the conflicting PDFs that you're referring to? Maybe we will need to fix them.

Thanks