pburlat
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: IT

Case # 02944328 Failed to connect to the port 2500

Post by pburlat »

Hi All,

I have issues with my Veaam B&R.

When running Replication offsite, I have this error. Strange, I already have my environment running for years but suddenly I have this error.

Getting VM info from vSphere
Error: Failed to connect to the port [DR-ServerName:2500].

I already had this case but Veeam is really slow in supporting their customers.

Take note : DR-ServerName is a proxy for offsite backup and my other sites are using this proxy and have no issues. DNS and Firewall ok too. My B&R server is able to browse my datacenter offsite and its SAN storage.

Would anyone have a clue?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Case # 02944328 Failed to connect to the port 2500

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

This looks like a connection issue, so I'd check port availability from the source server. If you feel the case is not being treated properly, please feel free to escalate it.
pburlat
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: IT

Post by pburlat » 1 person likes this post

it took long time to revert by the engineer to me but I managed to solved the issue.

The issue caused by the change of IP addresses of the backed up servers as we implemented a new VLAN.

If the proxy server on the target site is not reachable by the VMs that are backed up, it will give you port 2500 connection issues event hough Veam B&R server is reachable by the proxy. Just make sure that the VMs you backed is reachable can ping the target proxy offsite.
cbraafhart
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Christopher Braafhart

Post by cbraafhart »

I was able to get this to work with the following:

Check ALL(and i do mean all) your backup servers and proxy servers if they can your network storage device and make sure you don't have any interrupted network configurations.
in some of my network settings my NIC was missing the default gateway settings on the proxy server making my replication get the error port 2500 can't be accessed.

But if was the internal proxies having this error and not the remote proxies. But i am going to put everything to the test and see if this is the actual solution for my port-2500 error i was getting

@pburlat had the correct solution for me