Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
thead@rwb.net
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Travis Head

Feature Request - Manually Added Protection Group Notices

Post by thead@rwb.net »

Currently with Agent for Windows and VBR 9.5 U3, there is a Protection Group called Manually Added in the VBR Inventory Tab. Though there is nothing in it, I still get a notification every morning at 8:00 in my email from VBR: "Success] Manually Added: no new hosts found (0 total, 0 seen)". and I'm told by Veeam support that there is currently no way to stop these notices, that they are hard encoded to be sent to my email address every morning at 8:00. I need to be able to turn these notifications off and/or delete this Protection Group. :x
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Manually Added Protection Group Notice

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Travis.

Thank you for your post. This is a known issue and we are going to fix in the upcoming updates. As a temporary workaround, try to right click the protection group and disable the periodic rescan.
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

turn off daily email: [Success] Manually added: no new hosts

Post by DDIT »

[veeam 9.5 u3, build

Hi,

Last week I deployed Veeam Agent for Windows from my B&R server to an endpoint, before realising it needed a license and I could just manage it manually instead. The endpoint had been automatically added to Inventory > Physical & Cloud Infrastructure > Manually Added so I removed it from this group, which is now empty.

However, each day since, at 8am, I get a notification email saying...

[Success] Manually added: no new hosts found (0 total, 0 seen)

How can I turn this off? I don't see any relevant options in the properties of 'manually added', nor in the general Veeam settings.

Thanks in advance.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Michael, known issue, please see above.
DDIT
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Michael Yorke

Post by DDIT »

Thanks foggy.

Re the temporary work around suggested by Dima P, just right-clicking on the 'manually added' protection group and disabling this does not stop the daily email notification. I had also changed the scan date to just Monday to limit the frequency of emails, but I still got an email notification the following day (Wednesday).