PowerShell script exchange
smithjamesp55
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: James Smith

SQL error when running PowerShell script

Post by smithjamesp55 »

As a corollary, when I call Powershell from a batch file and register the Veeam PSSnapin, I get a SQL error when the script tries to connect to return the data. When I run the command (and even my entire script) in the Powershell that's built in to Veeam, it works the way I want it to. Is there a switch or some parameters I need to add when I call Powershell or register the Veeam snap in? Or how would I call the Veeam-version of Powershell from my batch file?

Thanks!!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: SQL error when running PowerShell script

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello James,

Could you please clarify what type of error do you see while running PowerShell script? On top of that, please take a look at this topic which explains how to run a PS script from a batch file.

Thank you!
smithjamesp55
Influencer

Post by smithjamesp55 »

Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of town. Here is the error I get:

Code: Select all

Get-VBRBackupSession : SQL server is not available
At c:\veeamlog\DailyLog.ps1.ps1:10 char:23
+   Get-VBRBackupSession <<<<  | where-object {$_.Info.CreationTime -gt $OneDayAgo} | ft | out-file "$Location\$File"
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (Veeam.Backup.Po...BRBackupSession:GetVBRBackupSession) [Get-VBRBackupSession], CAppException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Backup,Veeam.Backup.PowerShell.Command.GetVBRBackupSession
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

James, let our support team investigate that, as I haven't seen this error before. I would also appreciate if you could update this topic with the resolution you find with our technical team.
smithjamesp55
Influencer

Post by smithjamesp55 »

Just wanted to follow up on this one. Running the batch file from a command prompt with administrator privileges works. When I configure it in Scheduled Tasks, there's a checkbox to run with the highest privileges, and it ran successfully this morning.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi James, glad to hear this. Thank you very much for taking time to update your topic with the resolution, we do appreciate it.