Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
eric_b
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric

Reporting for management

Post by eric_b »

I've been asked to "provide metrics on Veeam jobs" for my grandboss. No real guidance about what he's actually looking for, but there is a canned reporting page that presents the data I want: HISTORY>Jobs>Replication

The trouble is, the data isn't "selectable" in summary like it's presented. You can right-click any of the jobs listed, and display Statistics or Report, but that is specific to that job. I'd like a summary of all the jobs, historically, with success or failure. I actually want to produce a report that looks exactly like what Veeam shows us by default. I'm hoping there's a way to generate it in the Veeam PowerShell toolkit. Can't find anything that's helpful. There's some info about reporting, but it all seems to revolve around Veeam products that we don't have - I only have the bare bones Veeam Backup & Replication.

Anyone had any success either exporting or otherwise creating reporting?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Reporting for management

Post by veremin »

Do you have Veeam ONE deployed? If so, you can use one of reports it provides.

Otherwise, PowerShell is your option. You can start with reviewing PowerShell subforum, there are plenty of report examples (like this one, for instance).

Thanks.
eric_b
Novice

Post by eric_b »

v.Eremin wrote:Do you have Veeam ONE deployed? If so, you can use one of reports it provides.

Otherwise, PowerShell is your option. You can start with reviewing PowerShell subforum, there are plenty of report examples (like this one, for instance).

Thanks.
I don't think I have Veeam One, unless it's buried in Veeam Backup & Replication. I'll check out the link you included - thanks.
eric_b
Novice

Post by eric_b »

the linked report is cool, but doesn't give me the output I need. That's reporting on backup jobs, but I need something oriented toward replication jobs.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

If you take a closer look at author's page, you'll notice that the .ps1 script, that he gives a link to, contains a separate section for replica jobs:

Code: Select all

<...>
# Show Replication Session Summary
$showSummaryRp = $false
# Show Replication Job Status
$showJobsRp = $false
# Show detailed information for Replication Jobs/Sessions (Avg Speed, Total(GB), Processed(GB), Read(GB), Transferred(GB), Dedupe, Compression)
$showDetailedRp = $true
# Show all Replication Sessions within time frame ($reportMode)
$showAllSessRp = $false
<...>
Alternatively, you can use built-in email reports and concatenate them if needed.

Thanks
eric_b
Novice

Post by eric_b » 1 person likes this post

Yep. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. I should have done a little more exploring in that script.

Mission accomplished? I hope so. We'll see.
khan_cloud
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Israr Khan

Post by khan_cloud »

unfortunately it wont run getting the error Unable to connect to VBR server - yourVBRserver. The version of the Veeam server is 9.5.0.1536. Please advise