Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tgm
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Feature request: userdefined default settings for multi-os f

Post by tgm »

Dear Veeam Team,

it would be greate to setup via GUI the default settings of the helper appliance - like MAC adress and vlan and maybe esx host.
currently i change the file LiveCD.tpl located at C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\LiveCD and add the option

ethernet0.addressType = "static"
ethernet0.address = "00:50:56:11:22:33"

so the mac will be set - if i add the (vmware syntax) setting for the vlan it will be ignored. For i it looks like that the helper appliance boots from the iso and gets its settings from the dynamicaly generated floppy image with its configurations in it (ip, network = GUI settings from point "custom" )

so changing mac is ok - but after every update of veeam i have to check if the file is overwritten.

veeam case: 03019247

So it would be great if there is an official way to setup the default settings of the appliance - with our without GUI

An other great thing would be an "identifier" in the dhcp request of the helperappliance to exactly identify this appliance to only allow this appliance DHCP and network access
tgm
Influencer

Re: Feature request: userdefined default settings for multi-os f

Post by tgm »

Any news to this case?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The case seems to have been closed with your agreement.
tgm
Influencer

Post by tgm »

yes - the case was closed because the support has done all he was able to do ... get me a work a round ... but it's not a perfect solution => this is the reason for this feature request ;-)
tgm
Influencer

Post by tgm »

Any news for this feature request?
In the current version 11 i haven't seen any option for this - so i edited the files (LiveCD.tpl drv_va.vmx) of the LiveCD (C:\Program Files\Veeam\Backup and Replication\Backup\LiveCD) again.
But please include a setting for this - thanks