Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
martin_zidu
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Zidu

unwanted e-mail notifications

Post by martin_zidu »

Hello,

I would like to ask you regarding e-mail notifications for agents.

First of all...do you plan to have "job specific" notifications for Agent jobs in future releases?

We are annoyed, that Veeam is sending notifications each morning in 8AM for every Agent job created in VB&R...so far so good...

Problem here is, that Veeam is sending notifications also for backup jobs, which are disabled. We don´t want to delete them, since these jobs are there as a template for future usage (when needed), and we have those standard jobs prepared in every location.

But why we are getting those notifications for disabled jobs? Does not make sense and filling mailbox with unwanted messages.

Thanks for an info

Martin
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: unwanted e-mail notifications

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Martin.

What job type you are referring too (managed by backup server or managed by agent)? Thank you.
martin_zidu
Enthusiast

Post by martin_zidu »

I am reffering to managed by agent jobs....those jobs are disabled, with one "fake" machine inside (to be able to create those jobs for future use) and even if disabled...we are getting "failed" e-mails every morning.

Also Protection group "re-scan - success" e-mails with no new host found, which is also by my opinion unnecessary, to the fact, that "success" e-mails are not ticket in settings
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Thanks for the clarification. We plan to fix this issue and provide advanced notification options in next version. As a temporary workaround you can disabled periodic rescan from protection groups.
martin_zidu
Enthusiast

Post by martin_zidu »

OK, fair enough...

But actually only possibility which I have found is to "disable" protection group...this is only possibility, how to disable periodic rescan...without rescan setup, I am unable to save protection group...as far as I have seen....
martin_zidu
Enthusiast

Post by martin_zidu »

BTW: any rough idea, when next update will take place? Or we are talking about version 10?
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Martin.
ctually only possibility which I have found is to "disable" protection group...this is only possibility, how to disable periodic rescan...without rescan setup, I am unable to save protection group...as far as I have seen...
Right click the protection group and choose 'disable'
BTW: any rough idea, when next update will take place? Or we are talking about version 10?
Cant provide any ETA, but was talking about upcoming Update 4.