Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bjdboyer
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bill Boyer

Move a job's data from 1 extent to another in SOBR

Post by bjdboyer »

I have a SOBR with 3 extents. I need to remove one of those extents. it's 19TB of data and the put it in maintenance mode and evacuate would take too long to go with out backups. so is there a way to move it job by job? I noticed looking at just one of the jobs it has data on all 3 extents. The SOBR policy is data locatlity. The job does not do periodic fulls or synthetic fulls. Why is there incremental data on all 3 extents? I notice that the VBM file appears to be the same on all 3 extents. so do I just need to move all the files in the job's directory to another extend execpt for the VBM file? Then rescan the repository? and how can I keep it from putting future backups to the extent I want to remove? Just delete that job's directory after moving everything but the VBM file?

and the documentation doesn't really say what happens to the backup jobs if i have an extent in maintenance mode and being evacuated? do the not run?

TIA,
Bill
bjdboyer
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Bill Boyer

Re: Move a job's data from 1 extent to another in SOBR

Post by bjdboyer »

OK should have looked a bit further. Turns out that since the attribute is per-VM, and not per-JOB, Veeam distributed the first FULL backups actoss the extents. so I guess if I just moved the VBK and VIB files to the job directory on another extend and rescan I would be fine?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Move a job's data from 1 extent to another in SOBR

Post by veremin »

Correct, you can move required files manually to appropriate extent and the rescan SOBR; there should be no issues with this scenario. Thanks.