Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
saurabhsingh
Veeam Software
Liked: never
Full Name: Saurabh Singh

End point backup for Roaming users

Post by saurabhsingh »

Hi,

I have a customer who has some roaming users which sometime are not connected to office network. Customer wants to take there backup on a regular basis.
I have suggested him few options:-

1) Backup Cache feature:- However customer told us if there user is out for 15 days and somethings goes wrong with the end point device, he cannot afford to loose that data.

2) To create VPN tunnel from site to client. However in this case, end user need to connect to VPN everytime.(End client will not trigger VPN everytime).

Could anyone suggest some other way to connect the Veeam server to roaming users(agents), so that backup admin can take backup of there roaming users on daily basis.

Regards,
Saurabh Singh
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: End point backup for Roaming users

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Saurabh Singh.

I'd recommend you to take a look a Veeam Cloud Connect solution. Veeam Agent for Windows can backup directly to Veeam Cloud Connect repository over internet (which means you don't need a direct connection to your local repository). You can either setup Cloud Connect infrastructure on your end or find a service provider with Cloud Connect repository as a service to your customer.
saurabhsingh
Veeam Software
Liked: never
Full Name: Saurabh Singh

Re: End point backup for Roaming users

Post by saurabhsingh »

Thanks.. this helps.