Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
NelsonC
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nelson Andrés Carrillo Gonzalez

Migration between catalogs of different manufacturers

Post by NelsonC »

I'm sizing a project of implementation services for a client with Veeam, where part of the requirements is to migrate the catalog or backups made with (Veritas) automatically to Veeam, from my point of view and from my experience this would not be possible to do it automatically because both the backup formats, such as the database schema, encryption parameters and the catalog itself, are different among different manufacturers, so we would almost have to restore the backup with the current tool (Veritas) to then take back the support with Veeam. However, I would like to ask the experience of the forum to know their point of view and validate if suddenly I am wrong or there is some tool that allows me to perform these procedures by Veeam, excuse me if they touched before this issue but the truth is not I found.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Migration between catalogs of different manufacturers

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

Hello NelsonC.

Unfortunately backup files made by third part tools cannot be migrated to Veeam B&R. Most commonly used approach is to keep the existing backups for the desired time period together with a distributive of third party tool. Whenever restore is required you install the tool (I bet you can run it trial mode to perform recovery) and restore the desired scope of items. Thanks!