Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SEKL
Lurker
Liked: never

Backup Copy data transfer "overview"

Post by SEKL »

Dear all,

I am a bit struggling with the Backup Copy job. Backup runs every night and is transferred to a remote location which is connected with a 100mbit (up and down) line.
Since some time the copy jobs arent't finishing anymore during the night (regular backup starts at 7pm and finishes around 10pm or so, Copy job is scheduled to start at 9pm and is set to pause during business hours; 6am tp 5pm).
I have already copied the local backup to a harddrive and transferreed the backup on this way. After that I switched everything back to copy over network. This did not change anything.

To cut it short; is there a way to tell at a glance how much data was copied in total last night?
I have the feeling that the backup window is to short, which is from 9pm to 6am.

Thanks!
Sebastian
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Backup Copy data transfer "overview"

Post by veremin »

You can open the latest session of backup copy job and check its "transferred" metric. Is that something you're after? Thanks.
SEKL
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by SEKL »

Hi,

thanks, well I was hoping that there is kind of a summary for all Jobs.
But maybe I just need to sum up everything once per day. That won't kill me, though :-)

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you need a summary view, then this predefined report in Veeam ONE might come in handy > Backup Copy Job
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct, there is no aggregated statistics for all backup copy jobs.

So, you can either leverage Veeam ONE reporting capabilities or write a simple PS script that will combine the information for you.

Thanks.