Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Installing VeeamONE

Post by marius roma »

I need to install VeeamONE free edition in an existing Veeam B&R 9.5 environment in order to learn it and maybe upgrade to the full version.
As it is a prodiction environment, let me ask some very basic questions.
  • Can I install VeeamONE on the same server hosting the current B&R server?
  • Can I create a VMware snapshot of my Veeam B&R server before installing VeeamONE and revert to the snapshot in case anything goes wrong?
  • Should I instead install VeeamONE on a client PC? Can I have more instances of VeeamONE on different PCs for the same Veeam and VMware infrastructure?
  • Given I have no previous VeeamONE experience, is there any risk to damage and/or compromise our current Veeam B&R and/or VMware vSphere infrastructuore?
  • Which actions should I avoid in order to eliminate the risk of compromising the existing Veeam and/or VMware infrastructure?
  • Is there any Step-by-Step guide I can use while deploying VeeamONE?
Regards
marius
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Installing VeeamONE

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Marius,
  • Can I install VeeamONE on the same server hosting the current B&R server?
    - Yes
  • Can I create a VMware snapshot of my Veeam B&R server before installing VeeamONE and revert to the snapshot in case anything goes wrong?
    - Yes
  • Should I instead install VeeamONE on a client PC?
    - Up to you
  • Can I have more instances of VeeamONE on different PCs for the same Veeam and VMware infrastructure?
    - Free license of Veeam ONE is for up to 32-sockets infrastructure. You can install several instances of Veeam ONE, but what's the point to monitor same VMs with different Veeam ONE servers?
  • Given I have no previous VeeamONE experience, is there any risk to damage and/or compromise our current Veeam B&R and/or VMware vSphere infrastructuore?
    - Veeam ONE doesn't make any changes in VBR/vSphere without your manual approval.
  • Which actions should I avoid in order to eliminate the risk of compromising the existing Veeam and/or VMware infrastructure?
    - Nothing special
  • Is there any Step-by-Step guide I can use while deploying VeeamONE?
    - Yes. Check Veeam ONE Deployment Guide
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Installing VeeamONE

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Mario,

Just wanted to add that FREE edition of Veeam ONE does not allow monitoring and reporting on Veeam B&R. Here is the list of edition comparison for your convenience > Veeam ONE: Free vs Paid

If you want to try out B&R related capabilities, then I would recommend you to install a Trial key to Veeam ONE server.

Thank you!