Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
astemums
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Andreas Stepan

Feature Request - Make seeding on media to CC effortless

Post by astemums » 1 person likes this post

Hi!

Referring to case 03021076.

Make seeding first backup on alternate media to Cloud Connect effortless, simple and easy.

Today, it's frustrating at it's best if it at all works. We have several customers running a single server with 1TB+ data and 10MBit internet. That's 2 weeks of seeding over Internet if leaving some bandwidth for the company to use during office hours and switching to unlimited during off hours. And when seeding does not work it's a hard sell.

Please, please, please :)

Best regards,
\\ Andreas
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Make seeding on media to CC effortless

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Andreas.

Sorry for the delay, somehow missed your post. It's possible to map backup file created locally to your Cloud Connect job: you need to ship your backup file to Cloud Connect side and then point Veeam Agent to Cloud Connect repository with this backup file. Mapping will be performed automatically.
astemums
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Andreas Stepan

Re: Feature Request - Make seeding on media to CC effortless

Post by astemums »

Hi,

Thank you for your reply! However, that isn't true when backing up from VAW to CC directly. Please refer to the case stated in my first post. It is still active, and I'm still failing to make it work. That's where the "effortless" part comes in ;)

If it was as simple as when you map a copy job or normal job in VBR, fine. But in the case of VAW to CC, it is certainly not. But I'm looking forward to it being implemented.

BR \\ Andreas