Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
wjching
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ching Wen Jun

Veeam Perpetual Licenses

Post by wjching »

Hi All,

It has incurred to me that one of my customer has a set of perpetual license and it's validity is good for another 3000 + days.

I was just wondering, what happens to the license after it has exceeded the valid period ? Logically saying it would not be able to run backups then.

However, from my understanding. Definition of Perpetual licenses in general are meant to give the end user infinite period of rights to uttilise Veeam software.

Appreciate any kind clarification from you guys :)

As always, thanks in advance !

Regards,
Wen Jun.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion or advice :D

Regards,
Wen Jun
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Veeam Perpetual Licenses

Post by Gostev »

Hi, Wen - normally this 10 year limit for perpetual license is not an issue, as every new major release requires new license file that is good for 10 years from the moment of issue. And customers are forced to upgrade the software due the need for support of new platform versions anyway. But if there's ever a situation when those 10 years expire but the customer is still on that 10 year old software - which is really hard to imagine giving all the accumulated security vulnerabilities alone - then I am sure it will be as easy as requesting your Veeam sales rep to generate a new license for that super old product version. I will double check. Thanks!
wjching
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ching Wen Jun

Re: Veeam Perpetual Licenses

Post by wjching »

Hi Gostev,

Appreciate your kind verification on the following. Understandable ! I will get my customer to renew their support contract for their respective licenses and get veeam software to be updated on a regular basis.

Got it ! So I will get VEEAM sales rep to generate a new lic file for this should it ever expire, I will keep that in mind !

Regards,
Wen Jun.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion or advice :D

Regards,
Wen Jun