Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rick.olson
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Olson

Trial License Expired, How to Remove?

Post by rick.olson »

I have 14 physical servers being backed up with the Veeam Agent for Windows. 4 of them somehow have not had their licenses updated when we renewed earlier this month. Now every night when I get email notifications, these four have "SUPPORT EXPIRED" in the subject. The backup jobs continue to run successfully, and within the control panel of the agent it shows that it's license is being managed by our B&R server.

I tried giving this a try:
https://www.veeam.com/kb2235

But that didn't seem to change anything. I also tried revoking and re-assigning the license, and that also didn't work.

I'm hoping I can fix it without having to uninstall and re-install the agent. Mostly because I don't want to have to set up the backup jobs again. But if that's what I must do!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Trial License Expired, How to Remove?

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Rick.

Can you please clarify was the license updated or renewed? Do you see the correct license detailed (expiration date) in Veeam B&R console at the License screen? Any chance you are running EM and it handles all the licensing distribution? Thanks!
rick.olson
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Rick Olson

Post by rick.olson »

Support on the licenses were renewed recently. In the B&R console, for 'Agent for Windows' I do see the correct support expiration date (6/21/2019). I don't think we have EM (I'm guessing Endpoint Manager?). When I click the 'about' page on the agent it says it's "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.1.0.423 - Server Edition"
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Rick,

I was referring to Enterprise Manager. Try to perform Rescan on the affected hosts and let me know if that works.