Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
edingc
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Cody Eding

Feature Request - Protection Groups as Backup Copy Source

Post by edingc »

I personally would find the ability to choose a Protection Group as a Backup Copy Job source hugely helpful. We could then organize physical servers in Protection Groups based on retention needs. Currently, I need to add different physical backup jobs manually to a Backup Copy Job even though they reside in the same Protection Group.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Protection Groups as Backup Copy Sourc

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Cody.

Backup copy job works with backup files from source repository and cannot process physical machines. Maybe I am missing something, so can you please elaborate your request?
edingc
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Cody Eding

Re: Feature Request - Protection Groups as Backup Copy Sourc

Post by edingc »

Dmitry,

Apologies for being unclear. Currently, we have several physical servers grouped into Protection Groups by desired retention. They are also separate jobs for each physical server.

When I go to create a backup copy job, I am only able to select specific backups or specific jobs as a source. So if I add a new server to a Protection Group and create a new backup job for that server, I have to manually modify the backup copy job to include the new backup job in the copy.

If it would be somehow possible to instead target all backups of servers inside of a particular protection group, this would be easier and less prone to missing a step when creating a backup job.

If there is instead some way to do this in another manner (beyond grouping multiple physical servers into the same job), that would be great to know.

Thanks!