Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Tebinium

Log doesn't show job modifier

Post by Tebinium »

G'day all!

Is there a way to show in the logs who modified a backup job? Currently it logs that the job was changed (logging levels 4 & 5 - I haven't tried 6) but it does not record who made the change. This is critical information for our environment. Ideally I'd like to drop the logging back to 4 to reduce the amount of information being logged.

If I need to log an enhancement request please let me know.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6692 times

Re: Log doesn't show job modifier

Post by Gostev »

Hello, Veeam ONE already provides a report you're looking for > https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/one/r ... tml?ver=95
Tebinium

Post by Tebinium »

We don't currently have Veeam ONE set up :( Nor the MP.
Tebinium

Post by Tebinium »

Looks like I'm setting up our Veeam ONE instance... We need this to be reported as it happens (an alert) not just in a report. Is this possible?
billcouper
Service Provider
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Bill Couper

Post by billcouper »

Hi Tebinium,

Yes, you can have VeeamONE report job changes as they happen.
Well, there is a short delay, as the data collector is running on a schedule, but the alarm will trigger in minutes.
You can then have it send an email, trigger an SNMP trap, or run an external script.

I have a VeeamONE alarm configured for this exact purpose. I don't know if I have done it 'correctly' but it works.
I get emailed when a job is modified and it tells me which job was modified and by whom - perfect for my needs.

I created a new Alarm in the 'Backup Server' node.

Code: Select all

Alarm Name: Job Modified  (can put anything here)
Rule Type: Event
Event name: *
Event text: Backup * has been modified.
Severity: Warning
Trigger after: 0
Ignore after: 0
I set the assignment to the entire Backup Infrastructure, and configured the Action I wanted (send email).