Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
doggatas
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David O

Cisco C3260

Post by doggatas »

We're in need for expanding our backup storage for Veeam Repositories. I really like the idea of adding a dedicated "box" with lots local storage. I've read the whitepaper on configuring C3260 with Veeam but I have a few questions:
  • 1) The article formats the volume in NTFS; is their a recommendation paper for ReFS? What would the setup be? Still RAID 6 on the hardware RAID for JBOD and using windows storage spaces? etc..
    2) Our Source VMs are sitting on VMFS Datastore backed by FC SAN. Can the C3260 take a FC HBA for reading of Datastores in Direct Access mode?
    3) Are the C3260 powerful enough for proxy and repository roles. Or should we have virtual proxies writing to C3260 over multiple 10Gb Network and use HotAdd on the virtual proxies (this work negate the need for FC HBA in the C3260)
Just early phases at the moment. Trying to gather information about many solutions to work out what might suit our environment the best.

Thanks.
doggatas
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: David O

Re: Cisco C3260

Post by doggatas »

Unable to edit OP. Just realised I did not include the need to offload to Tape. Would you connect the tape library to this server? If so, we still need FC HBA if we want to connect tape to the C3260.