Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Elissen
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mark Elissen

Active Directory Explorer does not show custom object types

Post by Elissen »

Hello,

We use B&R 9.5 update 3. The Veeam Explorer for Active Directory does not show 'custom' object types. Software like ESET Secure Authentication and Microsoft Exchange store data in the Active Directory and they use custom object types. Things I have seen include (listed below are the object classes as shown by Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers MMC console):
- esaContainer
- Oracle Context
- Oracle Container
- Oracle Database Enterprise Domain
- msDS-QuotaContainer
- msTPM-InformationObjectsContainer
- msExchSystemObjectsContainer

The System container is also not shown. The problem is that if you cannot see it, you cannot restore it (unless I assume you recover the entire database, but the point of the explorers is you can do partial restores). The feature request is to be able to select any container- and value type so you can restore them.

Kind regards,

Mark Elissen
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Active Directory Explorer does not show custom object ty

Post by foggy »

Hi Mark, Veeam Explorer for Active Directory doesn't display some system containers, indeed. We just cannot guarantee that everything will be fine after restore of such objects. There could be dependencies on some other objects or attributes that Veeam Explorer for Active Directory isn't aware of. But anyway your request is clear and accepted, thanks.

Btw, there's an UNSUPPORTED way to workaround that.
Elissen
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mark Elissen

Re: Active Directory Explorer does not show custom object ty

Post by Elissen »

Hi Foggy,

Thanks for the link; it could be very usefull in the future. And I do understand the implications; even a 'show hidden/advanced items' with a very big red warning use at your own risk could be very helpful. But anyway, thanks again for the link.

- Mark