Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
cstout
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Curtis Stout

B&R and VCSP

Post by cstout »

I am trying out VCSP, and really like it. But I have a question.

I have signed up for a Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers trial, installed it, and got Cloud Connect working fine. I downloaded the availability suite, and installed B&R Console, but I can't get any local backups to work. When I create a Backup set and run it, it just says Not enough licenses. I got to my License page, and it says Cloud Connect (VM/Server/Workstation) 100 (0 used). Shouldn't I be able to create local backup sets using VCSP licensing? Maybe I am understanding it wrong.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: B&R and VCSP

Post by Gostev »

No, not with this license.
cstout
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Curtis Stout

Post by cstout »

Is it just not possible then? I was told the VCSP licensing had the same features as the old perpetual core model. I still have to license every single local backup via the core model?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Veeam Cloud Connect for Service Providers (VCC-SP) license gives you ability to provide cloud repository service for your clients who already have a Veeam license. If you want to backup VMs, you need to install the corresponding VM backup license. It's based on VMs, not cores.

I highly suggest that your give your Veeam Sales rep a call and ask to walk you through the Veeam licensing for VCSPs, as there are many important details. For example, you don't actually need a VCC-SP license if your clients use rental VM backup licenses that you provide them (as in this case, VCC-SP is included for you at no extra charge).

Thanks!
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same topic, but Cloud Connect cannot backup local environment, only receive backups and replica from remote installations. If you also want to backup a local environment, you need to install a second VBR server and have a VBR license. This license can be "per vm" as for any service provider, not per socket. Mixed installations of VCC and regular VBR are not possible.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1