Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
sraj
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Rajesh Samidurai

Exclude an Drive from Failover Cluster backup

Post by sraj »

Hi,

On a Windows Failover cluster Computer Agent based Entire Computer backup managed by B&R server, i need to exclude couple of Cluster disk drive alone from daily backup.
I don't see this feasibility in windows Failover cluster agent based backup Job Configuration. Let me know if this option is feasible from any Registry configuration so that we can configure in all cluster nodes.. .

If I go for the Volume based backup, the local disk on node-1 is named as C: D: & E: and only C:& E: on node-2.. (D: is not available on node-2) with this options its giving an warning message as D: drive is not found for node-2. We don't want to have the job to complete with warning on all days.

On the other hand,...
As Veeam uses the VSS option, i tried the below option of excluding the files/Folder path from Registry so that from Veaam VSS shadow copy will consider this exclusion and skips it from backup...
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... dow-copies

But Veeam is not considering the local registry configured option and not excluding the registry path data from backup..

Let me know on other way to achieve this.

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Exclude an Drive from Failover Cluster backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Rajesh.
sraj wrote:If I go for the Volume based backup, the local disk on node-1 is named as C: D: & E: and only C:& E: on node-2.. (D: is not available on node-2) with this options its giving an warning message as D: drive is not found for node-2. We don't want to have the job to complete with warning on all days.
This warning should be displayed only once (during first job run). Can you please clarify if you see this warning during incremental job run? Thank you in advance and sorry for the delayed response.
sraj
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Rajesh Samidurai

Post by sraj »

It was seen in next incremental schedule also.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

This behavior does not sound expected. If possible please raise a support case and share the case ID in this thread. Thank you in advance.