Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
wjching
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Ching Wen Jun

Unable to Add Proxy and Wan Accelerator for Replication

Post by wjching »

Hi All,

I am attempting to configure a replication between 2 sites.

On Production end I have 1 Backup Proxy, and on the DR end I have also 1 Backup Proxy.

I am trying to assign the Backup Proxy an Wan Accelerator role to a VM, but had no luck in it.

I keep getting "Network Path not found" error message.

Tough Ping test and remote desktop seems to have been successful for the DR VM's.

The only guide I was referring to pertaining the error message is the one below :

https://www.veeam.com/kb1230

Havent had much luck to be able to access the admin share on the DR VM's as well from the VEEAM Server.

I have verified there is no port block between the 2 sites with the network administrators. However upon performing telnet test, I am only able to reach port 135, noticed in the document I would need TCP 136 till 139 and 445 as well.

Wondering what else I should check on for this, any help on this would be much appreciated :), and as always thanks for the help in advance !

Regards,
Wen Jun.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion or advice :D

Regards,
Wen Jun
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Unable to Add Proxy and Wan Accelerator for Replication

Post by foggy »

Hi Wen Jun, could you please describe your actions to get this message in more detail? Have you added the corresponding servers to Veeam B&R console already and start the Add Proxy wizard to assign the proxy role to these servers? Basically, you need access to administrative share on server you want to install a proxy component on. Feel free to contact our support to assist you with troubleshooting.
wjching
Enthusiast

Post by wjching »

Hi Foggy,

I am in the midst of adding Windows Server under my "Backup Infrastructure", it states that network share is inaccesible or credentials are incorrect.

However, from production I am able to RDP and ping to the Proxy and Wan Accelerator Servers accordingly.

Is there a requirement to add permission for admin share to be accessed from another subnet ? I am able to access the admin share using another VM residing on DR site. But not with my VBR Server on the Production End.

I have checked that there is no port block from Production to DR End.

Hope this problem description is much clearer. I am currently trying to get a POC up and running, using trial lic. Not sure if I am eligible for support to look into this.

Regards,
Wen Jun.

Regards,
Wen Jun
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, you are eligible provided you are on the official evaluation period. This looks like a network issue to me though.
wjching
Enthusiast

Post by wjching » 1 person likes this post

Hi Foggy,

Indeed it was, noticed that TCP Port 135 was listening and reachable , but not 445. Which is required to access the \\server-name\$admin shares for agent injection and discovery of the VM.

Manage to get it working now :)

Thanks for the leads.

Regards,
Wen Jun.

Regards,
Wen Jun