Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
tmsplatt
Novice
Liked: never

Feature Request: Second Path or Copy Job Capability

Post by tmsplatt »

Product works great, and super fast recovery. The only real drawback I see is this: With V 4 O365 we're able to backup all email and offer truly unlimited retention period, which is a great sales feature. As you know for a MSP though, the thing that prevents us from sleeping at night is failure. It seems we can only setup on path for the backups AND the software locks the repository. So we can't even use robocopy or any other method that I've found to make a copy of the data to prevent from a storage failure. It would sicken me to think that we have years of data backed up, but then we lose the storage array on the backend for whatever reason. Please add the ability to backup to a second path or integrate the Copy job just as B&R does. Or at least unlock the repository perhaps when the job is not running. The technology is there.

Only workaround I've found is to create a second job pointing to the other path, but this will become less efficient as we add more customers.

Otherwise, great product! Works well. Just needs to be "MSP'd" a bit more. Sorry if this is a duplicate request. I reviewed a couple of pages of posts before posting.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature Request: Second Path or Copy Job Capability

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Tmsplatt,

First: Welcome to the forums, and thanks for the positive feedback.

Second: The way we propose it today is that you create your proxies as VM's and then use VBR to do a backup of that VM. VBR will even detect it is a VBO (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365) proxy and will let you do ILR from that location also.

That doesn't take away that we hear your FR loud and clear. We are working very hard at this moment in bringing SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business support to the market and after that we are going to look very hard in additional scenario's just like B&R does.

Hope it helps
Mike
MCH_helferlein
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Peter Helfer

Re: Feature Request: Second Path or Copy Job Capability

Post by MCH_helferlein »

Hi Mike.
Second: The way we propose it today is that you create your proxies as VM's and then use VBR to do a backup of that VM. VBR will even detect it is a VBO (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365) proxy and will let you do ILR from that location also.
My Proxy is on a physical Server which is the primary central backup storage management server... So it would really be great to have a Replication Job in place... This has my vote :-)