Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gacevedo
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Backup & Replication 8 and Veeam backup repository

Post by gacevedo »

I have the Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 - Version 8.0.0.2084 application in my environment and wanted to see if there is any way to backup with the "Veeam backup repository" option of the "Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows" - Free Edition application.

Since I installed verision 2.0.0.700 and 2.2 and in both it says that you need version 9.5 of Veeam Backup & Replication.

There is some way to make the Veeam backup Repository method with the version Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 - Version 8.0.0.2084

Thank you very much for any help you can give me about it.

regards
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Veeam Backup & Replication 8 and Veeam backup repository

Post by veremin »

There is some way to make the Veeam backup Repository method with the version Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 - Version 8.0.0.2084
Unfortunately, not - you need to update backup repository components to the requested version to make it compatible with the given versions of Veeam agents.

Any particular reason preventing you from the update?

Thanks.
gacevedo
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by gacevedo »

Is that I would not know if you upgrade to version 9.5 there is some feature that this version has 8 and 9.5 does not have or that is different.

Also the suport contrac expired and I do not remember now but I do not know why they said that since we use it, it did not work in version 9.5 can it be true or the same? we have everything local after we keep backup to tape.

Can one against that?

Thank you very much for the help.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Is that I would not know if you upgrade to version 9.5 there is some feature that this version has 8 and 9.5 does not have or that is different.
Nope, version 9.5 has everything 8.0 had plus a lot more.
Also the suport contrac expired and I do not remember now but I do not know why they said that since we use it, it did not work in version 9.5 can it be true or the same?
You have to be on active maintenance contract to perform the upgrade procedure.

Thanks.