Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
janezk
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Janez K

VBR retrieving storage info - hangs indefinetly

Post by janezk »

Hi,

In VBR console on "BACKUP INFRASTRUCTURE" with "Backup repositories". When I click on certain backup repository and select "Properties" it get's stuck in window saying "PLEASE WAIT Retrieving storage info" ( This repository obviously has some connectivity problems)
And I cant cancel it, I cant't do anything inside the console. I have to kill the process of console. That is not the best way to terminate a running program..., so please add a CANCEL button and a reasonable timeout. I can't wait few hours :shock: to get the storage info...

BR
Janez
csydas
Expert
Liked: 47 times
Full Name: Harvey Carel

Re: VBR retrieving storage info - hangs indefinetly

Post by csydas »

Hi Janez,

AFAIK, the Veeam shell is a distinct process from the actual server, so killing the Shell shouldn't be an issue in most cases. I get what you're saying, there should be a way to make the Console less gung-ho about the operation you requested, but it's pretty harmless to just do taskkill or kill it from task manager
janezk
Enthusiast
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Janez K

Post by janezk »

I know that console is stand alone, and killing the process shouldn't do any harm... but I+m just not used to do such things in Veeam :shock:
The main problem is not killing the console, but the result of action, that doesn't return the adequate result... In this case a notification eg.: the connection with backup repository can not be established, please check x,x,x,...

Hope someone takes this as a product improvement suggestion or. a feature request ( not only as a bug report)

BR
Janez
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Janez, thank you for the suggestion, makes sense. We will consider the ability to handle such situations in a more user-friendly manner.