Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Feature request: Auto-add new Agent backups to copy jobs

Post by Anguel »

Hi,

I have multiple backup copy jobs that copy my backups to secondary repositories. However, when I add new PCs with Veeam Agent I often forget to add these new PCs to the existing copy jobs, and unfortunately this means that they are not included in my offsite backups. So maybe adding an option to auto-include all new PCs arriving in the main VBR repository through Veeam Agent backups into existing copy jobs would be helpful. This should be a separate option in every copy job.

Anguel
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Feature request: Auto-add new Agent backups to copy jobs

Post by Gostev »

Hi, I thought there are some options available to set this up already, unless you're saying they don't work for agent backups? I will check with the corresponding PM. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Anguel wrote: when I add new PCs with Veeam Agent I often forget to add these new PCs to the existing copy jobsl
If you are talking about managed agents then select agent job as a source for your agent backup copy job. Once agent is processed by primary job backup job should pick up and process new host as well. Cheers!
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Post by Anguel »

Thinking about it, maybe it is too much to ask for. Nevertheless I will try to explain my idea better:
I am using Veeam Agent Free and from time to time we add new PCs to our company network. So I install Veeam Agent on these new PCs and configure the Agent to backup to my main VBR repository. When the first backup is done a new backup job will automatically appear in the VBR repository. So far so good.
But because I simply forget to also add this new PC's backup job to my backup copy jobs, that PC never gets copied to the other repositories that contain my long term and my offsite backups. In case of disaster this would not be good :-)
So my idea was to add an option for backup copy jobs to scan the source repository and automatically add any new Agent backup jobs that appear in the main repository as additional source for the long term and offsite backup copy jobs.