Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
F182
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Farzon David Almaneih

Backup Copy Jobs for both vSphere & Windows Agents

Post by F182 »

We backup mostly vSphere machines, but a sprinkle of Physical-Windows servers are also in the mix. I understand that we can't have both vSphere and Physical-Windows machines in the same "backup" job. What I don't understand is why we can't have both vSphere and Physical-Windows machines in the same "Backup Copy" job.

Is there a way around this? If not, please can we have this changed in a future release.

The use case here is that we have to create multiple "backup copy" jobs for offsite backup. This is more complex by many factors, which increases the risk of human error. Especially in a disaster situation, the complexity will make things harder to restore.

Thank You
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup Copy Jobs for both vSphere & Windows Agents

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Farzon,

I will need to check if this feature request has already been requested, otherwise it will certainly become a discussion point on the table. I think the main reason is that a BCJ (Backup Copy Job) is a bit different for VM's and physical servers (Agent backups). To start, in the beginning of a BCJ, VBR connects to vCenter and ESX(i) hosts to gather information about VMs whose restore points you want to copy.

But as said, we will discuss this internally to see if this possible

Mike