Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
habibalby
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Hussain Al Sayed

How to determine, Cloud Backup better than On-Premise

Post by habibalby »

Hi Guys,

its been such a long time since I posted/participated in Veeam Forums, that doesn't mean I don't use Veeam on a daily basis or I don't interact with it.. :) Veeam is the second blood to keep you survivor.

For all the past years, we have been busy building knowledge, experience and maintaining On-Premise infrastructure. Its such a time to stop and change the focus/direction to the Cloud Option. In my opinion, I would start of exploring how our backup can be offloaded to the cloud and what are the benefitts over storing backups On-Premise.

Currently, I'm backing up nearly 40 TB of Data to Disk and from Disk, export to Tapes. My Total SAN Capacity almost 32 TB, divided into two iSCSI SANs, EMC VNXe3150 and IBM DS3512. Can someone help in estimating the cost of offloading 30 TB backups from On-Premise to the Cloud?

Is this price can be compared between the cost of the current iSCSI SANs to the Cloud..? Such as, If I'm renewing the support my SAN repository for 1 year nearly USD $9,840.43, is in the cloud could be better beside the Backup-DR-Protection ?
Which is better AWS or Azure when it comes to backup / pricing / connectivity...?
Do I require a Direct-Connect / Express Route in order to maintain a specific RTO for my backups restoration...?

I would highly appreciate if someone could highlights some of the good/bad things from real life experience as in these type of scenarios mostly the technical decision is the winner and the driver for such projects over some business decisions.

Regards,
habibalby
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Hussain Al Sayed

Re: How to determine, Cloud Backup better than On-Premise

Post by habibalby »

No technical sales representatives to answer the below..!!!

Thanks,
dellock6
Veeam Software
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Post by dellock6 »

Hi Hussain,
sorry if your message has been lost, there's a lot of traffic in these forums and, at least speaking for me, I was on holidays and I'm catching up on all the unread posts. I've sent the link to this discussion to our pre-sales in your region, they will hopefully contact you soon, as this is something a bit long and specific to you to be discussed in the forums.

Luca
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1
ali.salman
VeeaMVP
Liked: 82 times
Full Name: Ali Salman

Post by ali.salman »

Hello Hussain,

Thank you for your message.

I've sent you an email to discuss the requirements.
Kind Regards,
Ali Salman
ali.salman@veeam.com