Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
stack111
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ahmad Jayyusi

Restore physical server from backup

Post by stack111 »

Hi,

I have a customer who has a two-node (physical) Windows 2012 R2 cluster, he purchased Veeam agent for windows license for two nodes and we added them in Veeam backup and replication 9.5 console. We configured a backup job inside VBR console to backup this cluster but only choosing volumes C and D (not entire computer). he customer asks this question:

Suppose one of the two nodes got its OS corrupted, how you will restore the server from Veeam backup?

So my question is how to restore the server from Veeam backup if the server OS got an issue and it is not booting to Windows?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Restore physical server from backup

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Ahmad.
how to restore the server from Veeam backup if the server OS got an issue and it is not booting to Windows?
OS is not required for Bare Metal Recovery thanks to our bootable Recovery Media.
Suppose one of the two nodes got its OS corrupted, how you will restore the server from Veeam backup?
You create a bootable Veeam Recovery Media via Veeam B&R console and perform Bare Metal Restore on that node.
stack111
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ahmad Jayyusi

Post by stack111 »

Thanks Dima.

When I do a bare metal recovery by booting the server from Veeam recovery media, this means I will boot the serevr from that media? If yes then how to use the backup from EMC data domain in the restore?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Ahmad,

From Recovery Media UI you can connect to Veeam B&R repository and then select backup file to perform the restore from.
aalmassud
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Abdulmohsen Almassud

Post by aalmassud » 1 person likes this post

I am not sure if this will help you but here it is:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=30