RESTful knowledge exchange
Attackmonkey
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Payne

Browse files in CentOs Restore Point

Post by Attackmonkey »

Hi,

Using the API I can find a restore point and then mount it to browse the files contained in the backup. If I try it on a Windows backup, it mounts and I get a list of file system roots that I can browse just fine. If I try the same on a CentOS backup, it mounts, but the FSRoots elements is empty, so I can't browse the files in the backup.

Is it possible to browse the files in a CentOS backup? If so, how would I go about doing that?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Browse files in CentOs Restore Point

Post by veremin »

You seem to be doing everything right. So, may I ask you to reach our support team to check what prevents you from browsing the files? Once you do that, kindly, provide support ticket Id, so that we can follow the case. Thanks.
Attackmonkey
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Payne

Post by Attackmonkey »

We've looked into this some more, and it seems to be that when we initiate a restore for the CentOs VM, you can see the restore job in Veeam, but the Session Type is set to "Guest File Restore (Windows)" rather than CentOS.

When mounting via the Veeam web interface, it asks you to confirm the type of the server before it mounts (the exact message is "OS Info was not collected from the VM during backup. Please select the guest's operating system to continue"). Is it possible to replicate this in the post to mount the restore point? I can see a bunch of parameters in the documentation, but none of them look like they allow you to specify the OS of the restore.

Is this something that needs to be configured in Veeam itself, or is there a way to specify the OS when requesting a mount?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Are you using application processing option while backing up this VM? If not, can I ask you do so and try to initiate restore again? Thanks.
frankU32
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Frank Tighe

Post by frankU32 »

We tried that, it made no difference.

When you do a restore from Enterprise manager you get this

If you choose Linux you get this in the job payne, and everything works fine.

How do you replicate this in the API?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Then, may I ask you to open a support ticket and provide its number here? We'd like to follow the case and check what's going wrong in your case. Thanks.
frankU32
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Frank Tighe

Post by frankU32 »

The support id is 03131616

Initially, it does look like you are right, and the issue is that veeam is not able to identify the type of OS. We are looking at the integration services currently.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Thanks, already passed it to QA team.