Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
jachinc@ap.com
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Jachin Crawford

Need to Edit Backup Job Add/Revove Mailboxes!

Post by jachinc@ap.com »

Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 version 1.5.0.1309
Does not allow you to edit a job so you can add or remove the mailboxes in your backup job.
The Veeam tech support person said that if I wanted that ability I had to ask here in the forums.
As Veeam developers only take feature requests from upset users posting on their forms.
Please hear me Veeam developers, this is me begging on my knees!

So, as it is right now, how am I supposed to add users then? They said just add another job!
This will soon be ugly to manage, as I will have a new job for each and every user.

And how am I supposed to remove users? -Magic!
Just click edit, hit next a bunch of times (there is no screen to select the mailbox you wish to no longer backup.)
and HOPE that it removes the intended mailbox.
How do you know it worked? Do you see the license count go down? -Nope!

Veeam developers! -Your my only hope.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Need to Edit Backup Job Add/Revove Mailboxes!

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Jachin,

First: Welcome to our forums
Second: I am lost. First: Can you please give me your support case ID. Unless I understand it wrongly, the information you have received is pretty much wrong. One you create a job, you can always add or remove users in that job. You do not need to create a new job at all.

In this document: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/vb ... _jobs.html you can see you can edit the job. I do believe you need to disable the job, then do the edit, and enable it again. Something we removed being needed in 2.0.