Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
twashburn
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Tim Washburn

Veeam Monitor not able to gather past day performance data

Post by twashburn »

I'm running into an issue with Veeam Monitor not being able to gather Performance data and from all of the logs I've looked through it looks like it's having an issue pulling down past day performance data specifically.
This started occurring after an upgrade to vSphere 4.1 update 1 from vSphere 4.0 update 2.
I upgrade the vcenter server first and then the hosts about a week or two later, the problem didn't really start occurring until after the hosts were upgraded (which seems to point at the new performance counters in 4.1 as part of the isssue).
It's accompanied by a vCenter Server connection state alert and I can actually see the vcenter's connection in the Veeam Monitor console disconnect. No vcenter connection issues in the rest of the environment, it's isolated to Veeam Monitor. So this isn't a network issue.
Originally I had thought it was a performance issue, when this started, so I migrated the vcenter database off of the vcenter server, no change, although the vcenter server functions a lot better.
So, to recap:
Veeam Monitor worked fine with vSphere 4.0 update 2
a reinstall of Veeam Monitor and recreation of the database hasn't fixed the issue
After initial installation the "Importing past performance data" task runs and eventually fails when it gets to the past day performance data (this I've verified form the VeeamDCS.log)
When the failure occurs, Veeam Monitor shows that vcenter4 is disconnected and starts a new import session (the old session as shown in the sessions section in the VI Client for vcenter goes idle and a new one starts)
I'm wondering if this has something to do with the new performance data in vSphere 4.1 or maybe I'm running into a session timeout issue.
....and if anyone else is running into this.

Thanks,
Tim
Alexey D.

Re: Veeam Monitor not able to gather past day performance da

Post by Alexey D. »

Tim, please work with our support team - they will investigate your logs in details.
twashburn
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Tim Washburn

Post by twashburn »

I contacted them after submitting this, and received a hotfix for the issue before the end of the evening.
I now have performance data :)

Thanks,
TIm
Alexey D.

Post by Alexey D. »

Good for you! Thanks.