Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Surfy
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Erich

Can´t Backup the Windows Recovery Partition

Post by Surfy »

Hi!

I use the free Version of Veeam Agent for Windows.
On my computer i have one SSD for the System and one Harddisk for the other Data.
Yesterday i changed the Harddisk to a bigger one and copies the Data.
I did nothing with the SSD.

After this, i can´t backup the Windows Recovery Partition on the SSD (!), but I can backup the other Partitions.
The Error is:

Code: Select all

04.08.2018 10:12:38 :: Error: Das Gerät ist nicht bereit Asynchronous read operation failed Failed to upload disk. Agent failed to process method {DataTransfer.SyncDisk}. Exception from server: Das Gerät ist nicht bereit Asynchronous read operation failed Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Number of already processed blocks: [234]. Failed to download disk.  
"Das Gerät ist nicht bereit" is german and means "The device is not ready".

The Recovery Partition seems to be empty.

Thank you fpr assistance!
Surfy

edit: Case #03132737
Surfy
Influencer

Re: Can´t Backup the Windows Recovery Partition

Post by Surfy »

Update: I tryed to recover the Windows Recovery Partition only, from a Backup, which was 4 days old. The Recovering was no problem. Ist works. But after this, i wanted to make a new Backup. Then i get the same error.

Code: Select all

04.08.2018 13:30:12 :: \\?\Volume{501c280e-0000-0000-0000-201a3a000000} (disk 1) (487,0 MB) 0,0 B read at 0 KB/s
Then i tryed to recover the hole C: Partition with the Windows Installation AND the recovery Partition. It was the same. Recovering no problem, but i can´t make a new Backup from the recovery Partition after that.
Surfy
Influencer

Post by Surfy » 1 person likes this post

Hi!
Solution was to rebuild the recovery partition:
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ask ... indows-10/
greets
Surfy
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Surfy.

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved and additional thank you for sharing the resolution with the community. Cheers!