Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

Gui Bugs (Whinge)

Post by aaron@ARB »

Veeam,

I use your tape integration daily and I have to say, it gets on my nerve a little that I hear of all these great features being released for new products yet simple things that have been around for a LONG time like tapes seem to get put on the backburner. I have had an SQL bug logged for about 18 months now I think and was told that it will be fixed in Veeam 10, yet I get it nearly every day. Adding to that, the spurious GUI errors that pop up ALL THE TIME.

Take the below for example, 'do' something to a tape/tapes and you get old records show up in the gui for no reason, the only way around it is to click onto something else then click back and it goes back to the way it was (usually then cue the SQL error)... Doesn't happen all the time bu I feel that it happens enough that 1) I wont be the only person and 2) It should have come up in testing.

Anyway.. whinge over

Cheers,
Aaron
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Gui Bugs (Whinge)

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Aaron.

Thanks for sharing your issue, indeed it looks like a bug (definitely such behavior is not expected). Have you logged a support case related to this problem as we need to investigate your debug logs (and maybe your Veeam B&R database) to identify the root case?