Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
t481
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Master view/server

Post by t481 »

Hi,
I have two main servers at our main sites. I also have 10 regional offices each with its own Veeam B&R Server. I also use Enterprise Manager to licence all the servers and to manage encryption keys etc.

The regional offices are configured to copy backups to to one of the main sites. To do this, I have had to add the storage server to each regional server manually and then configured the backup copy job.

Is there a way to simplify this and to have a single pane of glass (sort of like a master server) to view/configure repos, proxies and jobs?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1575 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Master view/server

Post by Dima P. »

Hello t481.

Unfortunately there is not way to do that via Enterprise Manager or 'central' Veeam B&R server. If you have multiple sites to protect I suggest to take a look a Veeam Could Connect solution as it may help you to organize your 'mutisite' backups and Veeam Availability Console solution which brings multiple site's the backup management to the next level. Cheers!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Master view/server

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi,

Just to add a couple of other suggestions here. If you have direct network connection between remote and HQ sites, then you can possibly take a look at Veeam ONE. This product is specifically built to provide a single pane of glass for monitored Veeam B&R servers, though management actions should still be done via Veeam B&R UI.

Getting back to Dima's suggestion about Veeam Availability Console, then this product is free of charge and might also serve you as a single pane of glass view for all remote Veeam B&R servers. A bit more on use cases for that product can be seen over here.

Thanks!