Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cbbs70b
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: FSD

Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path

Post by cbbs70b »

All;
I am referencing case ID #03138426. I am running B&R 9.5 to backup about 35 VMware VM's. Out of the 35, 34 of them are getting backed up correctly. However, I have one VM that just doesn't want to be backed up. I'm getting an error:

Code: Select all

8/8/2018 9:59:00 AM :: Processing Main2 Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path
--tr:Failed to start file downloading. VMFS path: [[datastore89] /vmfs/volumes/531612e5-4ef9984b-5f86-001ec9f25f1c/Main2/Main2.vmx].
--tr:NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:531612e5-4ef9984b-5f86-001ec9f25f1c,nfchost:ha-host,conn:vmware2.voipbiz.org].
Storage display name: [datastore89]. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path:
[nfc://conn:vmware2.voipbiz.org,nfchost:ha-host,stg:531612e5-4ef9984b-5f86-001ec9f2
I've read the KB article kb1198, I've gone through the Veeam backup log file and I've verified that the file /vmfs/volumes/531612e5-4ef9984b-5f86-001ec9f25f1c/Main2/Main2.vmx does in fact exist. So my question is this: what am I missing? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks;
Frank
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Frank.

Please keep working with our support team in order to investigate the root case (they may require application debug logs for the detailed investigation). Please let us know how it goes. Cheers!
ntando.yena
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ntando

Post by ntando.yena »

Hi Guys, did we get a solution to this error, I've just experienced the same error. 1 out of 4 Backups is failing but my error is slightly different as its not giving me any file name.

3/17/2020 8:58:57 AM :: Processing "xxxxxx" Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path -- File open failed: File not open
--tr:Failed to start file downloading. VMFS path: [[jb2-infinidat-IT-volume-004] xxxxxx_replica/[jb2-infinidat-IT-volume-004] xxxxxx_replica].
--tr:NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:datastore-324050,nfchost:host-321686,conn:vcloud-vcs.vcloud.voxvm.co.za]. Storage display name: [jb2-infinidat-IT-volume-004].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:vcloud-vcs.vcloud.voxvm.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Ntando.
As far as I can see the previous case status, it was solved by re-creating VM and attaching existing disks to it. Something bad was with VM configuration, probably.
I see "_replica" in your messages too, does that error pops during VM Replication or you are trying to backup a replica machine? (original question was targeted on backup process...)
/Thanks!
ntando.yena
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ntando

Post by ntando.yena »

Hi Egor, thank you for your reply. This message pops up when I try to backup the VM.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Consider checking through this thread then.
/Cheers!
adarshnk
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Adarsh N K

Post by adarshnk » 1 person likes this post

Hello all,

I know this is a dated thread, but I thought I'd throw in my fix for a similar issue where the VMDK file that is queued for backup doesn't exist. This issue seems to be happen upon a VM files restore from an incremental backup, and Veeam tries to constantly find VMDK files with different file names of the following format: VMName_0000xx.vmdk where "xx" is incremented by one on each backup attempt.

The error is similar to the above, but with a minor difference:

7/25/2022 10:43:22 AM :: Processing VMName Error: DiskLib error: [16].No file exists for given path -- File open failed: Could not find the file
--tr:Failed to start file downloading
. VMFS path: [[SAN_Volume_02] VMName/VMName-0000xx.vmdk].
--tr:NFC storage connection is unavailable. Storage: [stg:xxxxxxxxxxx,nfchost:ha-host,conn:x.x.x.x]. Storage display name: [SAN_Volume_02].
Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:x.x.x.x,nfchost:ha-host,stg:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

For the above issue, the fix is to run a "Consolidate" snapshot and then run the backup again. I think the error is because of an inconsistent backup of the VMDK with CTK enabled.