Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Anguel
Expert
Liked: 18 times

Does this work with hosted Exchange?

Post by Anguel »

Hi,

My idea was to setup Veeam MSO 365 Backup to backup some accounts we have at a hosted Exchange 2013 provider (exchange2013.df.eu), however it looks like this product requires PowerShell access so I can't get past the PowerShell connection step. The first EWS connection step works ok. Am I right that this product cannot be used with hosted Exchange providers other than Microsoft?

Thanks,
Anguel
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Does this work with hosted Exchange?

Post by Mike Resseler »

Anguel,

We haven't tested it with hosted exchange, but I believe if you make some modifications, it should work. See here: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=20
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

I read through this, however as far as I see PowerShell access is required and I don't think my provider will grant PowerShell access to his servers.
I think adding an organization is not possible in this case, I can only add single e-mail accounts but Veeam probably does not offer such an option.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

I'm afraid that won't be possible, and I also need to apologize as I thought that you were the one hosting the exchange. The only option I see is that your provider does the service for you
Anguel
Expert

Post by Anguel »

Mike,

Thanks for the clarification. We are actually using another product in our small business for e-mail backups but I wanted to try Veeam's solution because we are also using VBR & VAW and I like your products :-)