Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
lchuakc
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Leslie

Cloud Backup Copy Job to not syncing?

Post by lchuakc »

Hi Guys,

I've recently subscribed to Veeam Cloud Connect and created a backup copy job to sync a copy of the job offsite.

Configured 5 restore points and made the first Sync on last Saturday after a Full Synthetic backup was created. Intervals once daily at 10.05pm, normal backup job happens daily at 10.00 pm and ends about 15mins for incremental and 1 1/2 for full.

Yesterday which has a monday incremental backup completed at 10.15 pm. Went to check the cloud backup copy and status shows successfully but only one restore point. Meaning that there are no new incremental being sync to the Veeam Cloud Connect.

The offsite backup copy job object is added from backup job.

I have another backup copy job to the local disk which was created after the Veeam Cloud Connect backup copy job already has 2 restore points and the last sync happened yesterday.

I did a manual sync and it managed to create an incremental backup to offsite. Does it mean that this job cannot run automatically? Or need to wait more for it to process?

Also I've enabled encryption on the offsite backup copy as the data is store externally. Do I need to enable encryption on the local main backup job which is feeding data to the offsite backup copy? Or encryption is independent from each other?

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cloud Backup Copy Job to not syncing?

Post by foggy »

Hi Leslie, according to your description, the backup copy should perform a second sync. It's hard to guess without seeing the environment, so I advise you to contact technical support for a closer look at your setup.
leschua75 wrote:Also I've enabled encryption on the offsite backup copy as the data is store externally. Do I need to enable encryption on the local main backup job which is feeding data to the offsite backup copy? Or encryption is independent from each other?
Backups are encrypted independently.
lchuakc
Influencer

Post by lchuakc »

Hi Foggy,

Thanks for the reply. I've sent u a PM regards to my Veeam Cloud Connect disconnection.
lchuakc
Influencer

Post by lchuakc »

Hi Foggy,

Just found out that I cannot send PM yet.

I've recently subscribed to Veeam Cloud Connect with a local vendor and managed to get it sync offsite. However I've encountered disconnection of the Veeam Cloud Repository a few days ago, rebooted the server but it does not help. Called the vendor and he recreated the repository from his back end. I managed to add the repository and started running the backup again.

However, after running about 2 days, I saw alot of emails telling me that the cloud backup copy has failed again. I went to check at the server and found the same issue again. Rebooted the server does not help either. The cloud repository shows a "X" on the left side. I could not access the files in the cloud repository. The logs from Veeam is saying that Tenant is disabled. Can you let me know whether is this issue with my backup server or issues on the cloud connect vendor? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Leslie, were you able to solve the issue with the help of support?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

The logs from Veeam is saying that Tenant is disabled. Can you let me know whether is this issue with my backup server or issues on the cloud connect vendor?
You should also include your Service Provider in this case, as it seems that your account might have been disabled on his side. Thanks.