Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Jmiker919
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Rodgers

"Failed to process" "name or password not match" MS acct

Post by Jmiker919 »

Trying this thing out. I'm getting a warning and a failure, one each for two subsites. One is "Failed to process site: sitename. The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system."

The other is "Processing site sitename finished with warning: Failed to backup list: Documents. The sign-in name or password does not match one in the Microsoft account system.".

The account I used is an O365 Global Admin and I also manually added the account in the Admin group for each subsite but still get the same error.

When looking in Explorer I see about half the folders and none of the files (on the top level) for the site that failed, maybe 1/3 of all items total. On the other it looks like all the folders and files are there.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: "Failed to process" "name or password not match" MS acct

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Mike,

It should mean that the specific account does not have the correct rights on the site. I can only assume that this site has some really specific and detailed rights that excluded that user. Can you take that list that you have, choose a few files and see what rights the global admin has on them?
Jmiker919
Influencer

Post by Jmiker919 »

I just checked a few files, and a couple of folders, on the site that are not in the backup. The 'admin' account (imaginatively named), the global admin, is showing as an Owner on all of them.

Let me generate the logs and see if I can find something. Do you know of a specific error message I can search for, since those things are so huge?

edit: The permissions on some of the files that were copied are identical to the ones that weren't.
Jmiker919
Influencer

Post by Jmiker919 »

Well, I started over. Removed the org and re-added it. Then made the selections a little differently. Selected the entire top-level site, and then excluded a couple subsites that I don't need. I thought that might be why I didn't get the document libraries from the top level.

As it turns out I was right. I now see the libraries, but they're all missing folders and files.

And now I'm getting the same error on both the original subsites but now also the top-level site.

I'm not going to stress too much more over this. I may come back and look at it again some time.

Thanks for your post.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mike,

I hope you find some time to create a support log around it. It is difficult to tell you what logs you need to log into but our engineers can do this much easier. Please post the case ID here and the outcome after investigation of our engineers

Thanks
Mike