Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
djhamp
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: doug hampson

Job is using wrong credentials

Post by djhamp »

We have 1 main backup job - started at the cluster level of vsphere. It will grab new servers installed in vsphere (which is great). Every time a new windows server is added the overnight job will fail for that new windows server because veeam tried to use the Linux root account. I have no idea why it does that - the default guest credential is the windows domain admin. If I add the server in the guest OS credentials area & set the account to default it will usually work. I have one server that I can not get to work, always fails with user name or password is incorrect (root). I have set the account to Standard: (domain admin) and default in credentials but it ignores that and keeps using the root account.

Another annoying thing which might have something to do with it - the main (first screen) that shows the virtual machines has the 4 hosts, the vcenter server, and 38 VM's. The Guest OS Credentials box shows 57 VM's - the backup job is actually backing up 66 VM's total

Case # 03103508
alexandre.guignard
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Guignard Alexandre

Re: Job is using wrong credentials

Post by alexandre.guignard »

Hello,
What's version of veeam are you use ?

Credential is definied on the job's, if you use Powershell you can create a get-credential command on you'r script.

Please screen a configuration Job.

Thanks