Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Report Mail for Protection Group 'Manually added'

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks.

Unfortunately the fix was to complex to include in U3a, so we postponed and it will see the light in U4. Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

The fix for this issue (together will granular email reporting capabilities for Protection Groups and Managed by agent job type) has arrived and, as promised, it's included in new Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 4.

Here is the link to the full What's New document with all features and improvements listed. Cheers!
dmaeztu
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Diego Maeztu

Post by dmaeztu »

I am looking this post, I have V&R 9.5 U4 and still same problems with notifications, do you know if is there a workaround or something in order to disable this daily reports at 8:00 am ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Diego, what settings do you have here for the protection group sending the email notification?
dmaeztu
Novice

Post by dmaeztu »

In general options "Enable e-mail notifications" is enable and all chackbox in the botton are checked.

Why when you create a single backup job daily notification is not configured but if you add policies with more than one computer to backup automatically you have the daily report activated?

I would like that groups of backups with agents or rescans of groups work like backups. It is simple, whe the job is finish send a notification, nothing more. I don't understand what sense has a daily notification, is not more easy to send a notification when a job, rescan or whatever has finished?

For virtual infrastructure backups notifications are perfect, for "physical & Cloud Infrastructure" are different and, at least for me, not usefull.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

dmaeztu wrote:In general options "Enable e-mail notifications" is enable and all chackbox in the botton are checked.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused now on what issue we are trying to solve here. If you have everything checked for the protection group but don't want to receive any notifications, can you uncheck it in the settings? Or am I missing something?
dmaeztu wrote:I would like that groups of backups with agents or rescans of groups work like backups. It is simple, whe the job is finish send a notification, nothing more. I don't understand what sense has a daily notification, is not more easy to send a notification when a job, rescan or whatever has finished?
If you don't want to have a daily notification, then please disable the settings on the protection group and configure individual settings for the required jobs.
dmaeztu
Novice

Post by dmaeztu »

Yes, my message is a bit confused, sorry, is not easy to explain, I try...
In general options I have now "Enable e-mail notifications" checked but all checkboxes in the button unchecked.
In section "physical & Cloud Infrastructure" you can have backups jobs for one computer or you can have groups. If you go to the single computer job you can enable notification for backup events, there is not option to configure daily report. If you go to notification options of the group backup job you are not able to configure notifications only for events, you are oblifgatory to configure a daily report ¿Why is different configuration?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Since the protection group consists of several independent objects\agents, we don't want to send you an email every time something changes.
We are gathering the information about all objects inside the protection group during 24 hours period and provide the report only once.

If you want to get notification about the particular agent, you can create a single computer job with notifications enabled.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Additionally, you can take a look at Veeam ONE monitoring and alerting capabilities for Veeam Agents, which might be a better choice for you due to more flexibility in the alarm configuration. Thanks!