Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
fauretto
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Massimo Fauro

Backup Now button always disabled

Post by fauretto »

Hi everybody,
I've just installed the latest version of Veeam Agent for Windows FREE (2.2) on a Windows 10 laptop. After installation, I've configured the parameters for the backup (destination repository and whatever) but, at the end of the settings procedure, the 'Backup Now' button on the application main page stay disabled. No way to enable it. Even after restarting the application (in administrator mode) the application shows only the configuration page, and the main application is no more accessible. Just for info, I've already used in the past Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE, and I've never had such a problem. Any idea to fix this issue ?
Thanks a lot
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Now button always disabled

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Massimo.

Can you check if it's possible to start backup by right clicking the tray icon and choosing Backup > Backup now option? Thanks.
fauretto
Novice

Post by fauretto »

Hello Dima P.
thanks a lot for your fast reply. The Backup Now option in the tray icon menu is disabled, because it seems that the configuration has not been registered. The only option available in the menu is 'Control Panel', which activate again the Configure Backup main page. However, when I execute the configuration wizard, the Local Storage folder in the related page of the wizard is exactly the one I've chosen, but the Backup Now button is still disabled. Should you need more info let me know.
Thanks a lot
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Massimo,

Thanks, it does not look expected. Please check if you can open support case by going to Support > Customer support tab? If that's working fine please raise a ticket and let me know the case ID. Cheers!
fauretto
Novice

Post by fauretto » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dima P.,
Case # 03152188. Thanks and best regards
fauretto
Novice

Post by fauretto » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dima P.,
I would like to thank you and your customer support engineer Maxim for your precious help. The problem is fixed now and the software works fine !
For all people having the same problem, I suggest to read the following article:
https://www.veeam.com/kb2302
Thanks again and have a nice weekend !
Best regards
Massimo
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and I'll pass your kind words to our support team. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend too!