Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
tcwolfgang
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Wolfgang

Feature Request: Cluster Support for VAL

Post by tcwolfgang »

Hi,
we have a two node NFS cluster running on SLES12. We want to backup the /backup lvm volume with the Veeam Linux file agent. Currently I have the Veeam agent installed on both cluster nodes and the cluster controls the veeamservice.service on both nodes.

The Problem in this configuration is the different location of the *.vbk files. If I want to restore some files, I have to migrate the cluster ressources to the node where the backup on the selected date ran.

Is there another way to configure the agent on a Linux cluster to use the same location? Both jobs are running the same configuration, the only difference is the name of the job and of course the agent ID:
- Node1: Backup_CLUSTERNODE1
- Node2: Backup_CLUSTERNODE2

I already opened a case (ID# 03144262) and they told me to open a feature Request in the forum.

Best Regards,
Wolfgang
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: Feature Request: Cluster Support for VAL

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Did I get it right - only one of the two agents runs at a time, and each agents saves its own backups to the node where it runs, is that correct?

Thanks