Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
121x
Influencer
Liked: never

Audit Change Tracking

Post by 121x »

Hi All,

Is there the ability within Backup and Replication to audit / monitor changes to the backup server and backup jobs? I believe this functionality is available if using VeeamONE/Veeam Monitor. But is there the ability to perform this functionality natively?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Audit Change Tracking

Post by Shestakov »

Hi,
Natively you can only check VBR Server logs.
As you said, Veeam ONE has an option to track job configuration changes. Starting from the upcoming release, ONE will also be able to track VBR, Proxy and other objects configuration changes.
Thanks!
121x
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by 121x »

Thank you. Is it safe to assume that the free version will NOT capture this data? I assume it does not. If so it is too bad that we would to purchase the product to gain this insight, since already have an established infrastructure monitoring product.
cwhitehbllp
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Christopher White

Post by cwhitehbllp »

If you have a monitoring product capable of monitoring SQL databases, you may be able to obtain this information by dissecting the Veeam B&R database.

Personally, I use love and Veeam One, but I've hacked out solutions to other similar problems by using SQL monitoring tools to track changes to tables, fields, etc.

Chris
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Thank you. Is it safe to assume that the free version will NOT capture this data? I assume it does not. If so it is too bad that we would to purchase the product to gain this insight, since already have an established infrastructure monitoring product.
Free edition of Veeam ONE does not contain the report.
If you have a monitoring product capable of monitoring SQL databases, you may be able to obtain this information by dissecting the Veeam B&R database.
Personally, I use love and Veeam One, but I've hacked out solutions to other similar problems by using SQL monitoring tools to track changes to tables, fields, etc.
Chris
That's a good workaround, but will break once VBR database structure is changed.
Thanks!