Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
pshute
Veteran
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Peter Shute

History display limit for some users?

Post by pshute »

I wanted to look at the results of an old tape restore job, but I can't see it in the history when logged in as a particular user. If I type 'vm' in the history filter, it only brings up the most recent one ("VM from tape restore").

If I log in as another user, I can see 6 older jobs. Why can one user see less?
pshute
Veteran

Re: History display limit for some users?

Post by pshute »

I see why now. In Options/History, the other user is configured to only show the last 500 sessions.
pshute
Veteran

Re: History display limit for some users?

Post by pshute »

Can I please request that it be made somehow possible to change this setting for all users? We have previously all logged in as the same user, but this user has started using their own account, and is rediscovering all the things we had reconfigured from the defaults in the shared account. Eg they couldn't even find the history because by default the left menu is too small to fit it, and it becomes an icon at the bottom instead. Once they found it by increasing the menu height, they couldn't find the history items they wanted because of the limit of 500.

I also wonder if the limit of 500 should apply to the results of the filtered search, rather than the number of items the filter is applied to.