PowerShell script exchange
Rambarransingh.N
Influencer
Liked: never

Free Edition - delete restore points

Post by Rambarransingh.N »

Good day all,
Complete newbie here. I have writen a ps script to zip a vm. Dont know why but about two weeks ago, i started getting restore poi ts in the zip. For the life of me, i dont know how to delete them.

Whats worse is, i use the script to zip many vms. This is only happening on 1 vm. For the life of me, we dont know how we triggered it, and how to get rid of it.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx,

Nikita
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Free Edition - delete restore points

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community Nikita.

Veeam B&R Free edition cannot create restore points on schedule (this option requires licensed product), so most likely there is something with your script or with event that triggers your script. Veeam Zip restore points are full backup files, so you can manually delete the backup files that were accidentally created. Cheers!
Rambarransingh.N
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by Rambarransingh.N »

Good Day,

that's the strange part - I have a single script, and I pass in what VM I wants backed up. Everything was fantastic until about two weeks ago. All of a sudden, we started seeing RestrPnts for 1 specific VM, no others. Too make it worse, there are a lot of them in the zip file.

I don't get it. My .ps1 is scheduled throughout the night for a different vm. Things have been great for weeks/months. 2-3 weeks ago, RestorePoints started on this one VM. WTF.

PS - On the Free Edition note - I sent an email to a reseller here in Ottawa Canada - have not heard squat. I am of the impression if they won't do business with me, maybe I will head somewhere else.

Any help on how to kill the restore points in this one zip would be appreciated. I just wanna get back to 1 zip with one full, every time, all the time.

Thnx a bunch,

Nikita {;-)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Nikita.
My .ps1 is scheduled throughout the night for a different vm. Things have been great for weeks/months. 2-3 weeks ago, RestorePoints started on this one VM.
I'd remove the affected VM from the script and check how it goes (maybe you have another script scheduled somewhere to do exactly the same).
Any help on how to kill the restore points in this one zip would be appreciated.
Restore all the content from VeeamZip and then backup the desired VMs again.
I sent an email to a reseller here in Ottawa Canada - have not heard squat. I am of the impression if they won't do business with me, maybe I will head somewhere else.
If you have not heard a word back - please let me know your contact email address and I'll ask sales team to reach you.